Are you looking for a full-time opportunity to be trained from scratch and rewarded by a great company in the metal recycling business? If you are self-starting and motivated, we want you on our team!!
Pacific Iron & Metal and Pacific Fabrics are part of the Glant Pacific Companies, which is a family-run business whose employees know how to simultaneously work hard and have a lot of fun. We have long-lasting employees because of the camaraderie, upward mobility, competitive wages (plus health, 401(k) match and a significant profit-sharing quarterly bonus) and other perks that we offer, such as tickets to sporting events, company discounts and holiday bonuses. Our employees make our business.
Scrap Metal Burner
Salary: Up to $25/hr
- Torch cut scrap metal of various sizes down to specified dimensions using an oxygen/natural gas torch
- Adherence with company safety and environmental standards
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspections to ensure equipment is in good working order
- Assisting with yard/facility cleanup and maintenance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, hear audible warning signals, walk and stand on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Operating and moving various equipment may require dexterity to push, pull, climb, bend, twist, turn, reach, etc.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform duties
- Previous experience with torch cutting and respirators
- Ability to be flexible to changing work conditions and assignments, and work well within a team
- Experience working within the Scrap Metal industry an asset
- Forklift and skid steer experience is a plus
- Experience torching scrap metal is also a plus
How to Apply
Please send your resume via email to email@example.com or come to our offices and fill-out an application at 2230 Fourth Ave South, Seattle, Washington 98134. Significant profit sharing quarterly bonus, full health and benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and 401(k) with healthy matching program.
About Pacific Iron & Metal
In business since 1917 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Pacific Iron & Metal is one of the Pacific Northwest’s most-respected, environmentally conscious, non-ferrous metal recyclers. Pacific Iron & Metal provides service to hundreds of companies of varying sizes across Washington State and beyond. The company is headquartered in Seattle’s SODO neighborhood, just a stone’s throw away from Lumen Field and T-Mobile Park. At Pacific Iron & Metal Co., we are more than a work force, we are family.
Health Plan Transparency in Coverage
Pacific Iron complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.